Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday: 8:08 AM – 2:50 PM
Wednesday: 8:08 AM – 1:50 PM
Arrival Times and Supervision:
- Students may arrive at school between 7:30 and 8:08 AM. Students are not permitted to come to school earlier than 7:30 AM, unless arriving on their assigned bus.
- Children in grades K-3 who arrive before 8:08am without an adult attend the supervised breakfast program and/or Morning Champions.
- Students in grades 4 and 5 may gather in front of the school beginning at 7:45am.
- Parents may wait with their student(s) in the lobby, out front, or in the cafeteria prior to 8:08am. Children may only wait in the lobby before school when accompanied by their own parent.
- Parents will be requested to bring their children directly to class at 8:08 if their children routinely violate rules before school starts.
Pickup Times and Supervision:
- Children may not leave school grounds for any reason during school hours without permission from their guardian and the administrative assistant or principal.
- Pickup is at 2:50 PM on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday. On Wednesday, pick up is at 1:50 PM.
- At dismissal, teachers walk all students out to ensure that they are picked up or brought to the office.
- Children with an excused absence who need to leave before dismissal must be picked up by an approved adult in the front office; they may not leave on their own
- Unless a student has a medical appointment or a modified schedule, parents should not pick up children before dismissal.
- Champlain does not supervise students after school. At dismissal time, children must take the bus or be picked up by a parent or adult approved by a parent.
- If there are changes to after-school pickup arrangements, parents must call the office by 1:00 PM.
- Burlington Kids (B’Kids) offers a vibrant after-school program at CES from dismissal to 5:30 PM. This popular childcare program fills up fast, and oftentimes students are placed on a B’Kids waiting list due to over-enrollment. Please contact B’Kids director Karlie Gunderson for more information.
Traveling to and from School and Parking:
- Coming to school by bus, bike, or foot are the best options.
- Students may be quickly dropped off or picked up on Pine Street, but cars may not park in the street when buses are present.
- Parents are discouraged from parking while dropping off students in Champlain’s parking lot between 7:50 to 8:15am and between 2:40 and 3:05pm, when traffic is busiest and most dangerous.
- If dropping off children from the parking lot, parents must pull up alongside the front lawn, so that their children can exit the car and walk to the school building on their own. Champlain staff supervise students at this time to ensure safety. Parents must drive out of the parking lot right away to allow others to enter and prevent traffic problems.
- Everyone driving in Champlain’s parking lot must obey all traffic laws, such as, but not limited to:
- Obeying flashing yellow and red lights of school buses
- Waiting behind and not going around city buses
- Parking only in designated parking spaces
- Not idling when parked
- Everyone walking in the parking lot must stay within the designated areas of the pavement edges.
Arriving at school, students are encouraged to enter the building from these locations:
Kindergarten: Students can be walked to classroom or back doors.
Grades 1 and 2: Students can meet on the south side of the building nearest their classroom door or walk to classroom.
Grades 3, 4, and 5: Students use front door to enter.